3.09.2008

A great weekend

Well I don't know about you but I personally had a great weekend. I was able to play golf at a fabulous place called Superstition Mountain. It's a country club, and through my boss and his friends I was able to tag along. It is a beautiful course, as a matter of fact the LPGA will be having a tournament there in a couple of weeks. The houses surrounding the course are stunning, the kind of place where once I moved in you wouldn't be able to get me to leave. I guess I wouldn't be able to stay long since I would stop working, run out of money, and eventually starve or go in to foreclosure, lol.


Not to beat the point to death, but I could get accustomed to frequenting a facility like that. When we hit balls before our round I had blasted 10 or so balls down range. Just then a guy came up, said "excuse me a moment sir" and re-filled my pyramid of range balls. Besides that I spent a great day with my oldest daughter. We were informed we were to not be around during Sam's B-day party. So we went to a local swap meet, although it's more like a bizarre than a swap meet. It's all under a huge complex of tents, so big we only saw / shopped through about a third of it. Two hours later I had only spent $15 on a dozen "gently used" golf balls. Sometimes it just clicks between a parent and a child. This day was one of those days. Me and Megan were like peas and carrots.


Now that Sunday's almost over I'm starting to be apprehensive about this upcoming week at work. We have some corporate type folks coming in on Tuesday & Wednesday. I;m told they are here to evaluate the place and make changes as they see fit. If the week ends with seeing more of my co-workers without a job it would not surprise me. That is a sick feeling to have as you prepare yourself for the upcoming week. Oh well, I guess, I can only do my best and hope for the best. We'll keep the blogg posted should any big shake-ups come down the pike.

2 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

wow. fun golfing. awesome swap meet. and good luck this week. with the corporate junk. that is never fun.

Kristy said...

Happy to hear you had such a great weekend. They wouldn't dare lay-off the best employee at your work.