4.27.2008

Hillbillies from Gilbert



Today I woke up at 6:00am, why you ask? Because I had a church meeting to go to, and if you'll look left you'll see I hate being late. At around 6:45 our phone started ringing, I was in the middle of brushing my teeth and had the rabid dog look going on so I couldn't answer it. A fellow church goer left a message stating our meeting was cancelled. So there I was; breakfast in my belly, suit, pressed shirt, and tie on, hair combed, teeth brushed, and just a hint of smell good going on. Talk about being all dressed up with nowhere to go (Nathan = pissed)!


Later Megan woke up with the slightest of fevers, complaining about her throat hurting and generally not feeling well. I was the good guy, and told Jen I would throw myself on the grenade and stay home with Megan. She agreed but informed us that some laundry had to be done. So as soon as she left Megan and I got going. 15 seconds later Megan came in saying "Dad, the dryer is making a squealing noise, and it smells like smoke" DAMN-IT!


She was right, it made a terrible squealing noise like the bearings had gone out and subsequently smelled like smoke. So we had some fun... As you can see we hung up a couple of lines in the back yard, and hung out the laundry to dry. Actually it was kinda fun, kinda fun in a "Hey we don't do this everyday kinda way". It makes us look a little like the Clampetts, but we got all the wash done before Jen got home from Sunday-goin'-to-meetin'!


Even the lazy dog sleeping in the photo adds a certain JeNeSaisQuoi, in a redneck kinda way.


6 comments:

Jenifer said...

it's all fun until you need to dry your bum with those sandpaper towels! you d best. How can I ever thank you for staying home from church to take care of Megan? Thanks for doing all the laundry!

Hola I'm Jeff said...

JeNeSaisQuoi? I dint know you speeked frenchy.

Crazymamaof6 said...

bummer! and way to put a spin on a bad situation. awesome husband to do the laundry.

Kim Bringhurst said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim Bringhurst said...

When the goin' gets tough, the tough still gotta git 'er done!

Piper said...

yeeeee-haw!!! where are your cinder blocks with the car on top!?