4.12.2008

When your youngest is 8...


Well, I'll be honest. I don't really like blogging about everyday stuff. I usually like to look at things with a funny or what I think is an interesting perspective. Not this post, I'm going a little soft and blogging about Sam's baptism. After all you only get baptised once. I have only had the chance to baptise 2 people (my 2 daughters).


We had a very nice day, I got to play golf with my dad and a couple of guys from work. It's really hard for me, with as competitive as I am to keep my cool when I shoot nearly 100. 2 weeks ago I shot a 2 over 73 and today on a shorter course I shot a 98 grrrr... All day I didn't swear, throw a club, get tooooo angry etc... I just kept thinking to myself that I needed to keep what was important forefront in my mind, and if I carried that behavior throughout the day it would ruin my plans later that day (Sam's baptism).


Thanks to all those who came out today. It was great to have both family & friends there. Your support does not go unnoticed or unappreciated. Sam did very well today despite her anxieties, maybe the practise in the back yard paid off? She said later that it's easier to go back when you're in the water instead of the back yard! She soaked it all in, and will remember this day for a long time I'm sure. I hope she knows our love for her and how special she is to us.

5 comments:

Jenifer said...

You are getting soft, no swearing on the course?!? You did great today!

Kim Bringhurst said...

My brother told me swearing is part of the rules in golf. I wasn't allowed to golf with him unless I cursed at least every 3 holes :)

Congrats brave Sammy!

K Lovell said...

I also commend you on no swears. The spirit must have been with you it being Sammy's big day and all.

Kristy said...

I'm so pleased for both you and Sammy. You are a good example.

Anonymous said...

YOU DIDNT SWEAR BULL @#$% you (*^*)&^*)&^ liar!!! are you @#$#@%#$% kidding me. Wow Nate you are getting soft. Careful someone might think you cry. CONGRATS SAMMY DA BULL and shanae nae you both are great examples!! I miss you all!!!!!!!