6.03.2008

Procrastination! Paying off NOW!

The following may have some swear words and / or obscene language, parental supervision is suggested!






No I'm just kidding, but I am pissed about something so I'm venting. For months and months now Jeff & I have been planning on hunting Javelina here in Arizona. The hunt was supposed to be late this fall in November. Now we take our hunting somewhat serious, as one must do these days. After all you have to submit your application to hunt 5 months before the actual hunt, not to mention the few hundred dollars one must spend for the chance to hunt a wild pig.
REALITY CHECK - Yes I know that by the time I actually apply, stalk, hunt, kill, clean, dress, butcher, cure, store and eat this "pork" it costs me like $36.00 per pound!!!
Remember how I said SUPPOSED to hunt. Well last night after avoiding / delaying / procrastinating our application I sat down and filled it out. I had to call Jeff like 4 times to get all of his info etc. Also had to call Jen's dad to see if he wanted to go etc. This is also after bugging a guy at work who had to bug his friend to find a good place to go.
After working on it for about an hour it was time for the final step, entering the "hunt number". Each species of animal, and every area available to hunt has a number associated with it. I was reading the proclamation to find this number when I read "Fall Javelina: All fall javelina hunts are designated Juniors Only" What..., damn kids! You've got to be under the age of 17 to hunt Javelina this year in the fall. That sucks!
Now the reason this post is about procrastination is because it took me so long to make out, and attempt to submit the application (3 months). BUT-You have to send in a check with your application with all of your license and tag fees ($356.25) at the time of application. If I had done this months ago, (like I should have), before the State made this rule, they'd be sitting on my 356 bucks, and my guess is they wouldn't be quick in returning it.
Yeah me for being lazy.
But Jeff, I promise we'll go in the spring of 2009!?!?
Anyone else in?

5 comments:

Hola I'm Jeff said...

If you are paying $36.00 per pound, I am sure that I am paying about $336.00 per pound for being and out of stater. Still worth it.

Thanks for doing all the leg work on this.

Kim Bringhurst said...

And thank you for blogging the stuff my husband should be telling me! =[

Jenifer said...

Sorry sweetie for your disapointment. At least now I don't have to go!

Jenifer said...

New post please!

Kim Bringhurst said...

postpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpostpsotpostpostpostopstpostpostpostpostpostopstpostpsotpostpostopstspotpostpostspotopstpstosoptostpstposptspstpspsoiahfdjfnvbkaeiytwa;gnjhto;aiehgbkmn bhj iohg; jkhfroie hfirehgi;atryueaurt