6.18.2008



So it's been a while since I posted right? Sorry if you're a frequent looky loo and I've been disappointing your visits. Work has been a roller coaster lately, with the new store opening and all :->.


Speaking of roller coasters...


Friday we'll be leaving for California, going to Disneyland.


I have a little history with this "Happiest place". I'm as easy going as the next guy I guess. The last time I was in a "fight" was against Bobby something or other when I was in the 6th grade, he was in 5th grade, and he called me fat! Them's fightin' words right - I'm husky, not fat... lol!?!? I punched him once and that was that, fight over, haven't had a physical altercation since.




But the last 2 times I went to Disneyland I have gotten in to fights (Yes I know gotten ain't a word).


The first time Megan was just a two year old. It was late, and we'd been there ALL day. We wanted to stick around for the Main Street Light Parade and get a good "seat" right at the edge of the curb on Main Street. I was standing and Megan was on my shoulders, so she could have the best seat in the house. As you may know the parade is kind of a big deal. EVERYONE stays to watch it.


PS - I don't like crowds!!!


Now the edge of my toes are literally hanging off the edge of the street, and people are starting to line up to see the show. Right then someone "Belly Bumps" me from behind. Now this was a definite and deliberate push, or shove if you will, meant to get me to move forward. I slipped off the edge of the curb, both hands firmly gripped around Megan's ankles, and nearly took a header on to Main Street.


Once I gained my balance (cat like speed and quickness on my side) I turned around, fist raised, ready to punch the A-Hole behind me that nearly pushed me down. I turn around to see an 80 year old, 4 foot 5 inch Asian woman clutching her purse with eyes as wide as truck tires. My fist slowly turned in to a very stern raised index finger, and I calmly but firmly yelled at her "Don't push me" - It worked I guess, she disappeared in to the crowd! Yeah me!




The last time we went to Disneytopia and I got in a fight was about three years ago. It was during the week between Christmas and New Years. Side note - The two busiest weeks at Disneyland are 1st, 4th of July weekend and 2nd, the week we were there. We were down by the Jungle Ride walking at a snails pace because of all the people, and I was pushing a stroller with Sam in it.


Now it was so busy the fine people at Disney placed signs in the "streets" asking people to move to the right, so traffic can more easily move back and forth. As we're shuffling along like 100 year olds on a rocky mountain hike two guys behind me start shouting at everyone to "MOVE TO THE RIGHT" - "MOVE TO THE RIGHT"!!!


PS - Did I mention I don't like crowds?


Finally I turned around and yelled back at these jerks that they should follow their own advise, and move to the right!?!? "You got a problem Buddy!" He hollers back.


Now in man-speak "You got a problem Buddy" is a synonym for "I want to kick your ass".


Nope no problem here, just tired of you yelling at everyone, all 14,000 of us, packed in to a space made for 7,000. We're all in this together and no one's going anywhere fast, so just relax!


Now it got fun, now they're in my face, now my brother is there too, saying "You guys got a problem?" (Remember the synonym thingy?) and my wife saying NATE... NATE..... NATE...... And after what felt like an hour, but was only seconds, my brother and me, and our newly made friends slowly parted ways staring each other down like Ali & Frasier. I figured I didn't want to spend my vacation, let alone New Year's in the Disney clink. Who knows, I might have missed the Light Parade?!?!




Please pray for me this next weekend, pray I don't lose my patience and punch the jerk hiding behind that Mickey costume. LOL... I'm chuckling because I see myself like Clarke W Griswold at Wally World punching a mouse in the face and caving in his plastic grill! Like this...hehehe

6 comments:

Kim Bringhurst said...

Might I make a few suggestions?

1) Take a few minutes each morning to center yourself before going into the park... both yoga, and Jack Daniels are good ways of achieving this.

2) Take breaks often. Go into the Tiki Room with a group and practice some deep breathing... maybe even take a whole bench for yourself, lay down, and sleep through several presentations. Another place that's great for a nap is the nurses' station on Main Street. It smells nice, it's quiet, and all you have to say is that you feel a little dizzy from the heat or something to get it. Best part? You don't have to pay for it! Side note: they won't let you bring your Jack Daniels in with you.

3) Maybe you already thought of this one: STOP GOING TO DISNEYLAND DURING THE BUSY TIMES! I don't have to tell you how much we LOVE Disneyland!!! But we always go during the off season.

Jenifer said...

Oh honey, here I sit, by myself, laughing my arse off. Such good memories. Good luck this week. Be nice to Mickey.

Crazymamaof6 said...

sounds like an awesome time! good luck! and just walk away, don't speak up when people are being loud and annoying. and have fun! .

Hola I'm Jeff said...

I will give you 5 bucks to go Griswold on Mickey. You must have video proof or a police report.

Crazymamaof6 said...

ok so I'm waiting for the update on the vacation. any fights? near fights? spill!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Last time I went I got into a fight with a bunch of girls who had a latino chip on their shoulder - if you know what I mean - but I stood my ground and the latino sulked away and missed the fantasia show - too bad for her!