6.29.2008

Worst Job(s) / Best Job(s)

Have you ever dreamed of being soemone else, or doing a different job? Most of us have I venture to say... Even if you have a great life, make tons of money, and love your job, you've wondered what it would be like to be a professional (insert dream job here). In fact my daughter was recently asked this question about me, and she said I would be Tiger Woods, that's probally true!
Along those lines Jen and I were talking about what would be horrible jobs & great jobs. I have a list of a few bouncing around in my head. I would love your input as well, comments are encouraged...And the more eeeewwww or aaaawwww factor your comment has the more I like you!?!?

Outhouse tank cleaner-outer guy
Cleaning the grease traps at a all-night short order fast food joint
Embalmer
Landscaper in Phoenix in July
Landscaper in Alaska in January
Laundry room worker at a hotel or cruise ship
Colonoscopy technician
Slaughterhouse worker
8th grade algebra teacher
Factory line worker at a fish processing plant
Getting the gum off the bottom of public park tables
Brittany Spears personal assistant
Flatulence analyst
Prison orifice checker

Now on the flip side, and to end on a nicer note lets get to the second half of the discussion... BEST JOBS! This list could be huge I know. The only thing I ask is if you add a job make it real, nothing dumb like TV watcher, or Bon Bon eater.

The person who gets to name paint colors (Almond Sky, Venetian, Moonlight Breeze, etc)
Hand model
Ice cream flavor maker-up-er (and taster)
Movie critic/writer
Food critic/writer
Travel critic/writer
Wildlife photograper (This is prolly a lot harder than I think)
Working on Mythbusters
Sports car test driver
Anchorman/woman (Show up for an hour and say some stuff and go home)
Major league relief pitcher (these guys work one inning every other game for like $11 mil a year)
Socialite
Oprah's personal assistant
College professor

6 comments:

Hola I'm Jeff said...

Favorite jobs:
Jeep testing technician
Professional scuba diver
Philanthropist (sp?)
VP Sales at a firearms or major sporting goods company
R&D at a cookie company

Worst jobs
Asphalt sealer in Phoenix
Swamp cooler installer
Road kill collector

Hola I'm Jeff said...

A couple more bad jobs:
Taser gun tester
Star of any of the Jackass movies

Kim Bringhurst said...

Best job- A-list actor: work really hard for 3-4 months a year and collect your 12-20 million dollar paycheck!

Worst job- amusement park vomit mopper.
Oh, and bee-keeper (I'm allergic)

Jenifer said...

Nursing home bed pan cleaner and diaper changer.
Dog food taster.
Shark suit tester...

britaag said...

good jobs: car designer, the guy that gets to push the button that sends a car down a track for a crash test, national park ranger, racecar driver.

bad jobs: hunny dipper, dog park cleaner, and a judge for a men's thong compitition

Kim Bringhurst said...

Just thought of another bad job today... basement painter.