7.24.2008

This, is the place?

If the 24th of July means anything to you, you are:
A: From Utah (Or very close to someone who is)
B: Mormon or
C: From North-Eastern Arizona

Every year for the past 4 summers this time of year gives me pangs in me belly for wanting to be in Utah. The 24th is a GREAT holiday there. Some say bigger than the 4th (some = Kris & Jim). I have to admit I like the 24th parade, it's kinda gay...yeah I said it...but I like it. My favorite parts are the bagpipe bands, pretty girl floats, cops on Harley's and the horses. I also like the people watching at the parade!?!?

I miss the B-B-Q's, I miss the sitting out late at night talking, I miss camping at the Spruces, I miss fireworks in /on the street. I also miss having the day off work when I know good and well the rest of the country doesn't have the day off, it makes me feel like I'm gettin' over!

So if you're there (Utah) and enjoying the holiday...I'm not going to write what I'm thinking but, it's not nice...

Happy Pioneer day everybody!!!

2 comments:

Kristy said...

We did have a good Pioneer Day and we did miss you.

Kim Bringhurst said...

Aw... don't be a hater! Sorry you're homesick.