3.30.2008

Do we have to do everything ourselves???

This is going to be just a quick shout out. Jen & I went to Fry's last night, and granted it was kinda late. We got there just before 9pm and didn't check out until just before 10pm.

When we went to check out there wasn't a single cashier working. Now they did have the self-checkout open with 8 stations available but...

Jen and I bought $170 worth of stuff last night.
Sidenote: It's amazing how little you get for $170
We ended up having to check out at 2 separate stations because of all of our stuff. Those self-checkout things work on a weight scale. You scan your item, then set it on a weighted space, then move on to your next item and continue. It's pretty hard to fit $170 worth of stuff on to a 2 foot wide by 3 feet long stainless steel slab. You should have seen me engeneering my tower.

When I was done I was totally expecting to have someone offer me a building contract.
Not only was my tower impressive but I'm also running back-and-forth scanning my Fresh Values card, running my debit card through the machine, loading groceries in both carts etc... No need to hit the gym tonight I guess!

Anyway I just can't beleive how many things we have to do ourselves just to grace business with our hard earned money. Earlier that day Jen had offered to go to the store herself, what a joke that could have been, but maybe hers would have been a better blogg... ;->

4 comments:

Jenifer said...

Thanks for going with me! Literally couldn't have done it without you!

Kim Bringhurst said...

I hear ya... those self-checkout stations are only good for a few items! Even then, about half the time they just freak out and a human cashier has to come over and figure out the problem.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I so agree!! They jack the prices up and make you do all the work! LAME!! IKEA now only has self checkout and the bags cost extra - WHAT???? When are we planting a garden and moving to a farm so we can show them!?

Rain and Kari said...

I do not like those self check out lines at all, and I think you should get a discount for scanning, bagging all your own grocerys.