3.27.2008

You just erased what?

So tonight between my softball games I came home to drop Megan off because it was 8pm and it is her bedtime at 8. We were just kinda mulling around as a family, talking, bloggin', etc... I wander over to the TV set to see how the NCAA tournament is going. The screen that appears after you've viewed a DVR'd movie is on, with 3 option to choose from. 1-Play from the beginning; 2-Erase; 3-Copy to VCR. I chose 2-Erase.
Bad Idea!!!
It was "Smart House" a made for TV movie from the Disney folks. Megan sees me do this and says "You didn't just erase it did you?" Sam whips around "You erased it!?!?"
Needless to say she was none to pleased with me. She starts bawling uncontrollably, screaming "Why did you erase it" over and over.

Of course I apologized but there was no consoling her, until she called Grandma & Grandpa. I guess they made her feel better, even though later Grandma told us she didn't understand a word Sam had said.
I thought I'd do the right thing, and after finding out this movie only runs on TV once a year I tried to buy it off the internet. No such luck! Not that it's not available but, I'm too cheap, they want $31 for a used copy. To be honest, I'm not that sorry. I'll just try to download it, I'll update later on whether or not I was successful. :->

2 comments:

Kristy said...

I understood mean parents, dinner, homework, Utah and that's about it. One of those frustrating moments for parents and a chuckle moment for grandpartens.

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

Did you tell her how lucky she was to have a DVR and we didn't even have VCR's or Cable back in the day - haha.

Oh, I just had a thought. Everyday on Disney they have a movie. Record a bunch of new movies and she will forget all about it. (smart house isn't that good anyway!)