3.23.2008

What did you talk about over Easter breakfast?

Ya know Jen & I do our best as parents, and there are times where we look like geniuses, and times we look like dogs. This morning Megan and Sam were sitting down eating as I was busily making more waffles. In the background the TV was on, I really don't why I even had it on. I wasn't watching it, nor was anyone else per se. If you read to the left you can see I like boring educational shows, and as I sometimes do, I had it on DIY the "Do-it-yourself" network.

Every one's been there, the TV's on but your not really paying attention to what's on. At the time it was a commercial for a commonly advertised doctor prescribed medication. So Megan asks me mid-waffle "Dad what is genital Herpes?"

I look over to see an advertisement for Valtrex, "Your once daily tablet for controlling your genital Herpes outbreaks". So now I have a paradox, answer it totally honestly, or answer it gently? So I told my sweet girls that it's a really bad disease and left it at that!

Genital Herpes - Could there be two words in the English language that when said sequentially bring more shivers down your spine? Maybe? I have come up with a few others, as I've warned before sensitive viewers should quit reading at this point.

Testicular Cancer
Violent Diarreah
Projectile Vomiting

If you're still reading please feel free to leave me an addition to the list, I bet we could compile some doozies!!!

13 comments:

Jenifer said...

Anal fissures....

Jenifer said...

pubic lice

Kim Bringhurst said...

parasitic tapeworm

Kaylee said...

Analphalipoproteingmia. No I did NOT make that up!!

(by the way this is your neice Kaylee)

Jenifer said...

oily discharge

Kaylee said...

Parasympathetic nervous systen disease



Zygomycosis

Jenifer said...

This one is from Mindi...
scrotal abcess

Beth said...

burning ring

Piper said...

We always laugh at the guy in that commercial who says, "I don't" (have herpes) He looks scared!
Hmmmm.. Let's think of one....

vaginal warts!

Piper said...

p.s.- why don't you like rubber bands? Have you already posted this info and I missed it?

Kim Bringhurst said...

fecal incontinence

Kim Bringhurst said...

gastrointestinal hemorrhage

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

ok GROSS!! And I'm scared for you people - these words should not be a part of our vocabulary.