4.20.2008

Saturday is a special day...

I figured out how to make a Saturday where you have to work in to a great day. Bring a kid to work!

Megan came to my work just before noon time because of scheduling conflicts with what Jen had going on. We ended up having a great time. She helped me stock some parts away, she put labels on some parts that were missing them, and she followed me every step of the way :-).

It reminded me of the first time I got to follow my dad at a day of work. I usually couldn't go with dad to his work. He would travel long distances, he would go to factories and industrial areas etc... (non-kidfriendly places) One day he had some sales calls in Tooele, and I got to go! Do you know what I remember? It was my first vision of the naked female form!!! I remember going in to a truck repair shop where there was a calendar with a naked model on it.

I know, I know, a truck repair facility with a naked woman calendar, it never happens!?!? And I wonder why my dad never took me to his work???

Anyway Megan didn't get any gratuitous naked men shots yesterday. After work we had an errand to run, we drove by the batting cages and on a whim I swung the old battle wagon in. Hitting balls at the cages with your kids is one the funnest things to do, especially on short notice.


PS - The preceding picture is not of Megan and I!?!? :-)

3 comments:

Beth said...

okay so going to work with my dad was not as cool. I remember the long drive to the airport getting the tele-mail and then delivering it to a building that smelled funny. The best part of the trip was the 7up Gold from the vending machine? Does anyone else remember 7up Gold?

Kristy said...

Are you the one that told one of your dad's customers that he talked funny or was that Brian? Maybe that is why he didn't take you kids to work.

Nathan W said...

I don't remember it, but that doesn't mean it wasn't me.