8.15.2008

GBD - Guilty By Design

Is it only me or do you feel guilty when you don't post? I keep checking others blogs and I see my name slipping down their list as the time from my last post becomes greater & greater. For some... And I won't name names...posting seems to come easy. They always find something to write about, some story to share with the rest of us, an interesting take on something that happened to them etc...

I realize that for me blogging is about reporting the past and proclaiming excitement for the future. I guess I like having things to look forward to, and who doesn't? But for now, I have no travel planned, no work trips or grand events to report. Wait a minute, I'm a liar...For our anniversary Jen got us tickets to Jim Gaffigan next month. I think he's funny, a little off, but funny. Deep down I guess he reminds me of me. "A little off"

On another note: Have you been watching the Olympics? If so why... If not why?
I have to admit, I'm logging more Olympic TV time than I care to admit. Jeff made some nice observations about the Olympics that you can read. I don't want to Big League Jeff but, I too have made some Olympic observations.
Swimming is not cool...but watching an American crush everyone else is...
If I hear the word Phelps one more time I'm pushing a Bic in to my ear...
Is it really necessary to determine who's the best badminton player in the world...
Do commentators hate the other athletes - Sounds like it to me...
Women's beach volleyball - Easy on the eyes...
Women's volleyball - Not easy on the eyes...
Admit it, China isn't as poor and crappy as you thought...
I have ZERO interest in anything not involving an American...
The older I get the more inept if feel as I watch teenagers competing on a global level...
The US 100 meter sprinter's names (Patton, Gay, Dix)...

3 comments:

Crazymamaof6 said...

i haven't caught any Olympics. AT. ALL.
yeah i even left the room while men's gymnastics was on. it wasn't Americans, and i assume all male gymnasts must be GAY by now. like male pro dancer's everyone is gay right? and no one hides it anymore. they flaunt it . don't they? maybe i watch too much bravo and have a screwed sense of reality. but this year the olympics don't thrill me. so i had to leave the room to read.

i don't know anyone who doesn't struggle sometime with something to post once in a while. or all the time. even me.

Beth said...

Loving the Olympics. Have to admit that the fast forward on the Tivo has become crucial when an American is not involved though. Love the beach volleyball because it moves so fast not because of the half naked women. Why aren't the men half naked?

Hola I'm Jeff said...

You have been tagged!!