8.04.2008

I floated on air today, what did you do?

My heart and mind have been very full this weekend. For me, that makes it hard to put in to words, and especially to post on the net. As you may have read Jen had a birthday which we celebrated this weekend. We had a nice dinner at Olive Garden (thanks Lori for watching the girls). A few months ago Jen saw a blog post from a friend of hers where she went indoor skydiving. Jen said "I want that for my birthday!". Honestly, I think she forgot she had said that to me, which is a good thing when you're trying to surprise someone on their birthday.

You can see our fun times by clicking HERE. First is Megan, then Sam, then Me, then the birthday girl! I'm sorry there's no audio or music. I promised the girls I would get it posted on YouTube and if I want to get to bed tonight I better get 'er done. I highly recommend this for just about everyone. It was sooo much fun. I was afraid the girls would get scared or wuss out at the very end but nope, thanks to ANTM (America's Next Top Model) they were stoked to do it and went in face first (as you can see). Jen said it was the best birthday present ever... so I'm jazzed about that!?!? Yeah me for listening!?!?

Also, 13 years of marriage came and went this weekend, today to be exact, (Happy Anniversary Sweetie). There are a lot of people who have more years of marriage than us, but you got to admit, we're climbing the ladder. I was thinking this morning that love and marriage is a lot like an oak tree. As it gets older it grows, the roots get deeper, more and more branches grow, it gets stronger and stronger, taller and taller, but the best thing..., it gets more & more beautiful. It reminded me of the huge, gorgeous oak in Ellis' front yard. I like to hear him tell the story of how that tree was young and just "this big" when he planted it. Now it stands like a monolith protecting his house from the sun, rain and wind. When it's mid summer (like it is now), and it's in full bloom, it has huge leaves, a thick trunk, and huge acorns, it's about the best, prettiest tree I've ever seen. Just like the young daughter he gave to me in marriage, she's the best, prettiest wife I've ever seen!

5 comments:

Kristy said...

Way to go on thirteen years. The sky diving looks like so much fun.

Britta said...

That looks totally awesome! Congrats on 13 years- what cool comments about Jenifer!

Jenifer said...

You like making me cry? I love you, thanks for the great weekend. and the huge acorns comment.:)

Kim Bringhurst said...

Crap! Jen beat me to the acorns joke! I liked your post though... very profound. Sweet too, so I won't mess it up by saying something sarcastic, which only I would think is funny anyway. Congratulations you two!

K Lovell said...

Congrats to you both. I hope you have many more happy years together.